By Ben Williams 10/01/2017
Happy New Year!
We hope you have enjoyed the holidays and made the most out of the festive season. If you have it usually means that like myself you have eaten and drank your way through a ridiculous amount of chocolate, cake, mulled wine and anything else where you can get away with saying “Well it is Christmas”.
Now it is now January and most of us are back at work, back at the gym and trying to eat as healthy as possible. It’s not easy. We start with the best intentions…but keeping it going can be the hardest part. The weather is mainly cold and icy and grabbing a pasty or junk food on the go is tempting, but stay strong!
Over the past few years, meal prepping has become more and more popular for people wanting to eat healthier. People find it easier and save much more time by preparing a few days’ meals at once. Simply popping them in containers and not having to worry about it for the next few days makes life a lot easier. You should find a routine that works for you. It may be that you only prep your dinners for work or it may just be a tub of grapes, nuts, carrot sticks or so on.
This is where we think we can help. While we can’t tell you the best foods to eat or the best workout routine, we do have a large range of food grade containers that are perfect for preparing your salads, pastas, fruits and anything else you can think of.
Food Grade Jars
Our PET jars are glass clear making it easier for you to see the contents inside without having to lift the lid. They are virtually unbreakable so great for throwing in your bag in a hurry. Each of our PET jars are available with many different coloured screw cap lids if you want to go down the route of colour coding your meals. They are available in sizes of 150ml, 250ml and 500ml.
Food Grade Tubs
You then have our food grade tubs that are manufactured from high grade polypropylene (PP). They are also clear, but without the glass clear finish of the PET jars. Whilst also not being as robust as our PET jars they do have a snap on lid with tamper evident closure. Our tubs are available in sizes of 210ml, 240ml, 280ml, 350ml, 520ml, 550ml and 1 litre , the 1 litre tub also including a handle.
OiPPS do also offer much larger sizes in both the tub and PET jar range so don’t be restricted if you need something different to suit your needs. Have a look around the website and if we can help with anything at all just click on the livechat option.
A quick and easy recipe to try out for yourself are overnight oats, their fast, simple and you can create many different varieties. Why not give this peanut butter recipe a try?
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
• Rolled oats
• 120 ml unsweetened plain almond milk
• 3/4 Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
• 2 Tbsp (32 g) natural salted peanut butter or almond butter
• 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
• 1/2 cup (45 g) rolled oats
1. Add your almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup to your container then stir with a spoon.
2. Add your oats and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Once this is done securely put your lid on the container and refrigerate overnight. The oats do not need a full night to refrigerate but at least 6 hours is advised.
4. When it’s time open your jar/tub and enjoy. To add a little more flavour, try different toppings such banana or strawberries.
5. Refrigerate overnight. The oats do not need a full night to refrigerate but at least 6 hours is advised.
We would love to see your food creations so if you give it a try tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.